Sunday, May 19, 2013

human compassion must be the antidote

I am lonesome.  There is so much evil in the world.  Intolerance, hatred, greed, cruelty.  I want to deeply believe  that good will prevail, that love is the answer.  I want to send out good energy, but I'm just one little person.  How can I make a difference, when I am surrounded by people who don't understand, and I become depleted with energy going out, and not enough coming back to replenish me?

Words seem trite tonight.  My heart aches with awareness of injustices but I don't know what to do about it.  It's difficult not to get lost and consumed by the immensity of evil, the vastness and emptiness of hatred in the world.  If love is the answer, then I need love in my world.  If human compassion will be the antidote to evil, then I need compassion and connection in my world, so I can reflect it out to the earth.  Maybe I feel hopeless right now, my light has gone out.  

I try to reflect on my blessings and be thankful for all I have.  But I'm still sad for all I don't have, all I have lost, and all the sadness in the world that I can do nothing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment