Wednesday, January 21, 2015

happy birthday son!

Dear Son,
Happy 12th anniversary of your birthday!  12 years and one day ago, I didn't even know if I would like you.  I did not know if you were a boy or a girl.  And then you arrived!  And you were (and are) perfect, my heart is full.

Osho writes, "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new."

So here we are, on this adventure together.  You make it all worth it for me, to see the wonder in your eyes, to share ideas together, inside jokes, deep thoughts, and cheese.  (ha ha)

You inspire me to be a better person, and I want to make your world a better place.  I love your curiosity, your mind, the way you question things around you.  I enjoy your sense of humor, it reminds me to lighten up.  I admire the way you take things in stride, and don't get bent out of shape.  I love how clever you are, not only with facts and knowledge, but intangibles like intuition, energy, the way of the universe.  I love that you "get me" and I'm thankful you aren't just like me.

You are an amazing human!

No comments:

Post a Comment