Friday, September 5, 2014

who can take as much as i give...

This song sums up how I feel about a love partner.

"I want someone who can take as much as I give; 
and give back as much as I need, and still have the will to live."
~Indigo Girls

I do want someone who honors me, treats me as well as I treat them, who gives as much as I do, even if in different ways, who makes me feel special and important in their world.  Love fiercely, stand up for each other, bring out the best in each other and also let each other be free to be their own person.

I give people too much benefit of the doubt.  I don't want to take more than I give, but I often end up giving until I am depleted, for very little in return.  I deserve to be treated well.

I like the quote "someone will hold me so tight that all of my broken pieces will stick back together" and I also want them to let me be free to blossom.

It's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment